International Trial Watch was created with the aim of facilitating the presence of national and international observers during the trial of special case 20907/2017 before the Spanish Supreme Court. Driven by 6 organisations (Associació Catalana per a la Defensa dels Drets Humans, Col·lectiu Praga, Institut de Drets Humans de Catalunya, Irídia, Novact, Observatori del Sistema Penal i els Drets Humans), the platform enabled the presence of a total of 61 experts: 40 international observers from 4 continents (Europe, America, Africa and Asia), 10 Spanish academics from different universities and former members of the judiciary, and 11 members of organisations dedicated to defending rights and freedoms all around Spain (Madrid, Valencia, Galicia, Andalucía, Basque Country, Balearic Islands and Catalonia).
- William Mozdzierz, Member of the American Bar Association, founded in 1878, with 410,000 members and over 3,500 organisations, based in Chicago (USA).
- Dominique Nogueres, Lawyer and president of the French League of Human Rights. Also member of Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights, based in Copenhagen (Denmark), which has over 80 organisations of human rights from over 30 countries.
- Alexandre Faro, Lawyer and member of the International Federation for Human Rights, founded in 1922 and based in Paris (France), which groups 184 state human rights organisations from more than 122 countries, and Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights.
- Frédéric Ureel, Lawyer registered at the College of Charleroi and member of European Democratic Lawyers (AED).
- Fabio Marcelli, International jurist of the European Association Advocats for Democracy & World Human Rights, an organization present in 18 European countries.
- Javier Perez Royo, Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Seville.
- John Philpot, Pioneer in International Criminal Law. He acted at the International Criminal Court in The Hague on Kenya and at the International Criminal Court for Rwanda.
- Paul Newman, PhD in Philosophy on the situation of internal displacement and human rights in northern Sri Lanka, from the University of Bangalore. Regular speaker at the United Nations Human Rights Committee. He was one of four public speakers at the Permanent Court on War Crimes against Sri Lanka.
- Bill Bowring, Teacher at Birkbeck University, member of the European Association Advocats for Democracy & World Human Rights and member of the Executive Committee for Human Rights of the Bar of England and Wales.
- Joaquín Urias, Teacher of Constitutional Law and former lawyer of the Constitutional Court.
- Jelle Klaas, Criminal lawyer and litigation director of NJCM (Dutch Section of the International Commission of Jurists).
- Susanna Marietti, National coordinator of the Association Antigone , an association that has defended rights and guarantees in the criminal and penitentiary system for over twenty years.
- Patrizio Gonnella, President of the Association Antigone (since 2005) and Coalizione Italiana per li Libertà i i Diritti civili (since 2014).
- Mathieu Crettenand, PhD in communication and media sciences at the University of Geneva and expert in self-determination processes.
- Iñaki Lasagabaster, Professor of Administrative Law at the University of the Basque Country.
- Claire Dujardin, Criminal lawyer and member of Syndicat des Avocats de France and Avocats Européens Démocrates (AED).
- Cecile Brandely, Criminal lawyer and member of Syndicat des Avocats de France and Avocats Européens Démocrates (AED).
- Mònica Aranda Ocaña, Teacher of Criminal Law at the University of Barcelona.
- Jorge Correcher, Teacher of Criminal Law at the University of Valencia.
- Gustavo Palmieri, Lawyer and Member of the Board of Directors of the Center for Legal and Social Studies (CELS) and director of the “Eduardo Luis Duhalde” Center for Justice and Human Rights of the National University of Lanús, Argentina.
- Hadi Cin, Lawyer and board member of “Contemporary Association of Lawyer’s” (member organization of European Democratic Lawyers).
- Ralph J. Bunche, General Secretary of Unrepresented Nations and People Organization (UNPO), Belgiuma.
- Hannibal Uwaifo, Managing partner of the African Bar Association, Malawi.
- Ricardo Juan Sánchez, Teacher of Procedural Law at the University of Valencia.
- Ernesto Moreau, Vice president of the Asociación Americana de Juristas.
- Alejandro Forero, Teacher at the Department of Criminal Law and Criminology at the University of Barcelona.
- Bechir Labidi, Vice President of the Tunisian League for Human Rights (LTDH), organization that was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2015, Tunisia.
- Khadija Riyadi, United Nations Human Rights Prize (2013) and President of the Coalition of Maghreb Organizations for Human Rights (CMODH), Morocco.
- Sahar Francis, Lawyer and director of Addameer, organization defending the rights of political prisoners, Palestinian Occupied Territories.
- Katrín Oddsdottir, Human rights lawyer who participated in the drafting of the new Icelandic Constitution, with special regard to women’s rights.
- Iñaki Esparza, Professor of procedural law at the University of the Basque Country.
- Andrea Menapace, Executive director of the Coalition for Civil Liberties and Rights (CILD) and founder and president of Diritto de Sapere (Right to know).
- Flaminia Delle Cese, Legal Advisor at Coalition for Civil Liberties and Rights (CILD).
- Antonio Angelelli, President of Progetto Diritti Onlus (Rights Project). Expert in international criminal law and immigration law.
- Arturo Salerno, Co-founder and board member of Progetto Dritti Onlus (Rights Project). Co-founder of the association Antigone and the Multimedia Institute of Human Rights.
- Guillermo Portilla, Professor of Criminal Law at the University of Jaén.
- Ignacio Benítez, Professor of Criminal Law at the University of Jaén.
- Daniel Turp, President of the Institut de Recherche sur l’autodétermination des peuples et els indépendances nationales (Irai).
- Stéfanie Tougas, Vice President of the Institut de Recherche sur l’autodétermination des peuples et els indépendances nationales (Irai).
- Anthony Beauséjour, Board of directors of the Institut de Recherche sur l’autodétermination des peuples et els indépendances nationales (Irai).
- Jorge del Cura, founder and president of the Asociación contra la Tortura (ACT), member during over twenty years of the Coordinador for the Prevention and Reporting of Torture. Awarded the National Prize of Human Rights.
- Ana Sebastián Gascon, Asociación Libre de Abogadas y Abogados de Zaragoza (ALAZ).
- Ramón Campos García, Asociación Libre de Abogadas y Abogados de Zaragoza (ALAZ).
- Josep Alonso Picó, Lawyer and collaborator of Alerta Solidària.
- Úrsula Ehrhardt, Criminal and human rights lawyer.
- David Soto, Member of Esculca – Observatori de Defensa de Drets i Llibertats.
- Cristina Serván, Member of Asociación Pro Derechos Humanos de Andalucía (APDHA).
- Marta Herrero, Lawyer at Red Jurídica.
- Laura Salinas, Lawyer at Alerta Solidària.
- Joseba Belaustegi, Member of Erabakizaleak.
- Hywel Williams, Member of the House of Commons of the United Kingdom and head of the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Catalonia.
- Christopher Bambery, Assistant at the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Catalonia.
- Mireille Jourdan, Lawyer at Thetis Advocats and member of Avocats Européens Démocrates (AED).
- Christian Di Nardo, Lawyer at Studio Legale Di Nardo.
- Luisa Morgantini, Former Vice President of the European Parliament and former member of the Human Rights Committee of the European Parliament.
- Claudio Paterniti, Researcher at the Association Antigone ONLUS.
- Hans Lagenberg, Member of Fair Trial Watch.
- Dundar Gurses, Member of Fair Trial Watch.
- Luigi Foffani, Professor of Criminal Law at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, general secretary of the Société Internationale de Défense Sociale.
- Marco Aparicio, President of the Observatori DESC and teacher of Constitutional law at University of Girona.
- Natanael Tejerina, Lawyer at ALA, Asociación Libre de Abogadas y Abogados.
- Action For Peace
Organization that defends human rights and the construction of a culture of peace.
- Addameer Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association.
Main association in the Occupied Territory of Palestine defending human rights and supporting prisoners’ rights.
- AED Avocats Européens Démocrates / European Democratic Lawyers.
Confederation of lawyers’ organisations of 10 European countries defending the rights of citizens by preserving the independence of lawyers in front of any political, social or economic power.
- African Bar Association (ABA)
NGO aiming to unite individual lawyers and legal associations in Africa.
- ALA Asociación Libre de Abogadas y Abogados.
Association of lawyers who defend and promote rights and freedoms.
- ALAZ Asociación Libre de Abogados y Abogadas de Zaragoza.
Association of lawyers in Zaragoza defending civil rights.
- Alerta Solidària
Organization that offers legal support to detainees and those accused of participating in political actions and mobilizations.
- American Bar Association
Voluntary Association of Lawyers of the United States.
- Antigone Associazione per i diritti e le garanzie nel sistema penale.
Italian association defending rights and guarantees in the criminal system. Formed by judges, prison workers, scholars, parliamentarians, teachers and citizens who are interested in criminal justice.
- APDHA Asociación Pro Derechos Humanos de Andalucía.
Main association defending human rights in Andalucía.
- Asociación Americana de Juristas (AAJ)
American NGO with consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
Centre for Documentation and Reporting of Torture.
Centro de Estudios Legales y Sociales is an Argentine human rights organization.
- ÇHD (AED)
Turkish Progressive Lawyers Association.
- Comissió Internacional de Juristes Secció Holanda (NJCM)
Dutch section of the International Commission of Jurists, NGO the purpose of which is to protect and promote human rights and the rule of law.
- Coordination Maghrébine des Organisations des Droits Humains (CMDOH)
Coordinator of human rights organisations of the Maghreb.
- ELDH European Association of Lawyers for Democracy and World Human Rights.
Association of lawyers from 21 European countries who join forces to defend democracy and human rights around the world.
- ERABAKIZALEAK Juristas por el Derecho a Decidir.
Association of Basque legal professionals.
- Esculca, observatorio galego para a defensa dos dereitos civís e as liberdades
Observatory in Galicia working towards the defence of civil rights and public liberties.
- Euromed Rights
Network of 80 organisations, institutions and individuals working to defend human rights in 30 countries in Europe and the Mediterranean region.
- Fair Trial Watch
Association that aims to promote the guarantee of a fair trial throughout the world.
International Federation for Human Rights is a non-governmental federation for human rights organizations.
- Institut des Droits de l’Homme du Barreau de PAU
Association that has the objective of contributing to the respect, effectiveness, defense and promotion of human rights and fundamental rights.
- IRAI (Institut de Recerca per a l’Autoderminació dels pobles i les independències nacionals)
IRAI is a research institute whose mission is to carry out, disseminate and make accessible studies on the self-determination of peoples and national independence to improve scientific knowledge and promote open and constructive citizen dialogue.
- Italian Coalition for Civil Liberties and Rights (CILD)
The Italian Coalition for Civil Liberties and Rights supports and empowers civil society groups working to solve some of the most important human rights problems today.
- Ligue Tunisiene de Droits de l’Homme (LTDH) Ligue Tunisiene de Droits de l’Homme.
Tunisian League of Human Rights and Nobel Peace Prize winner 2015.
- Observatori DESC
Human rights center that focuses on dismantling the devalued perception of social rights – the right to housing, to work, to education, to health, to food – in relation to other rights considered fundamental, such as civil rights and political and economic rights.
- Progetto Diritti
This association is a place of initiative, research and discussion on the issues of the rights of people and social formations, with special reference to foreign citizens, minors, women, prisoners and, in general, to all those especially vulnerable subjects affected by social and economic discrimination and marginalization.
- Red Jurídica
Cooperative of lawyers in Madrid who exercise law from a critical perspective.
- SAF (AED) Syndicat des avocats de France.
The French lawyers’ union advocates for a more democratic justice, of equal quality for all, close to citizens and guarantor of individual and public rights and freedoms.
- Société Internationale de Défense Sociale
Association with the objective of studying the problems of crime within the perspective of an anti-criminal reaction system.
- Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organization (UNPO)
International organization created to empower the voices of underrepresented and marginalized peoples around the world and protect their fundamental human rights.